Yupik Mixed Nuts includes roasted red peanuts, roasted blanched peanuts, cashews, almonds, Brazil nuts, and hazelnuts (also known as filberts) without the addition of salt or sugar! Nutty and crunchy, this mix is ideal for snacking, topping, baking, or cooking applications. Buy this mix by 500g, kilo, or case to keep your cupboard well-stocked with this pantry must-have! Conveniently pack portion controlled baggie’s to store your car, backpack, or desk with this healthy and delicious snack!
HEALTH BENEFITS: A few facts about this mix!
- Product of Canada
- Low in carbohydrates
- Contains iron and calcium
- Excellent source of protein and fiber
- Excellent source of vitamin E and resveratrol; antioxidants that help prevent cardiovascular diseases
- Almonds and cashews are high in monounsaturated fats, which help to lower bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Hazelnuts (filberts) are high in folate, an important vitamin that helps prevent anemia, as well as prevent neural defects in newborns
CULINARY TWIST: The world is your oyster!
A bag of mixed nuts is an open invitation to creativity! What CAN’T you do with mixed nuts, is more of a suitable question! From plain ol’ snacking to spiced mixed nuts, you can use your blend in basic and delicious ways. For savory applications, add your blend to soups, salads, grain dishes, pastas, cheese platters, etc. If you’re looking for a sweet fix, add your blend to cookies, scones, muffins, granola, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. For a twist on trail mix, browse our dried fruits and chocolate sections to incorporate even more nutrition, flavor, and variety to this already spectacular blend!
ABOUT HAZELNUTS: Did you know?
Hazelnuts are also known as filberts in some parts of the world. In England, hazelnuts are most commonly referred to as cobnuts”. The season for hazelnuts begins on August 22 when farmers race to harvest the nuts before squirrels do!
HOW TO STORE YOUR MIX: Preserve freshness!
Store in a cool, dry place for up to 12 months.